50 Christmas trees spruce up church
Published at 16:32, Friday, 30 November 2012
IT was Christmas sparkle all the way on Thursday night in Dalton as the town’s festive celebrations kicked off.
St Mary’s Church has been decked with 50 Christmas trees decorated by various organisations and groups, around the theme of “A Journey”, and the Christmas tree festival is expected to attract 5,000 visitors over the weekend.
As part of the celebrations the church will also be holding a concert with Barrow Male Voice Choir and Dalton Town Band tonight , from 7pm.
Then tomorrow a procession of camels, shepherds and reindeers will form part of the Christmas Parade, along with a visit from with Father Christmas, starting at 5.30pm.
Entry to the Christmas Tree Festival at St Mary’s Church is £1 for adults and free for children under the age of 14.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
Evening Mail homepage
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school