50 Christmas trees spruce up church
Published at 16:32, Friday, 30 November 2012
IT was Christmas sparkle all the way on Thursday night in Dalton as the town’s festive celebrations kicked off.
St Mary’s Church has been decked with 50 Christmas trees decorated by various organisations and groups, around the theme of “A Journey”, and the Christmas tree festival is expected to attract 5,000 visitors over the weekend.
As part of the celebrations the church will also be holding a concert with Barrow Male Voice Choir and Dalton Town Band tonight , from 7pm.
Then tomorrow a procession of camels, shepherds and reindeers will form part of the Christmas Parade, along with a visit from with Father Christmas, starting at 5.30pm.
Entry to the Christmas Tree Festival at St Mary’s Church is £1 for adults and free for children under the age of 14.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (17 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)
- South Cumbria primary school head’s homes plea rejected by planners
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs