50 Christmas trees spruce up church
Published at 16:32, Friday, 30 November 2012
IT was Christmas sparkle all the way on Thursday night in Dalton as the town’s festive celebrations kicked off.
St Mary’s Church has been decked with 50 Christmas trees decorated by various organisations and groups, around the theme of “A Journey”, and the Christmas tree festival is expected to attract 5,000 visitors over the weekend.
As part of the celebrations the church will also be holding a concert with Barrow Male Voice Choir and Dalton Town Band tonight , from 7pm.
Then tomorrow a procession of camels, shepherds and reindeers will form part of the Christmas Parade, along with a visit from with Father Christmas, starting at 5.30pm.
Entry to the Christmas Tree Festival at St Mary’s Church is £1 for adults and free for children under the age of 14.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)
- South Cumbria primary school head’s homes plea rejected by planners