Award-winning relish on the menu at charity event
Last updated at 16:28, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
A SUCCESSFUL Lake District company has relished the chance to throw its support behind a charity food festival in Dalton.
Hawkshead Relish will supply the galaxy of visiting Michelin-starred chefs with its award-winning preserves for use in their dishes.
It has also donated five luxury Hawkshead Relish hampers to be raffled each evening.
Lake District Farmers (LDF) has organised the One Week Only culinary extravaganza to raise money for local charities.
Top chefs including Simon Rogan, Nigel Haworth, Paul Ainsworth and Alyn Williams, will cook at Clarence House.
Kate Nicholson of Hawkshead Relish said the company had jumped at the chance to support the charitable causes close to LDF investor Ray Armstrong’s heart.
“This is a fabulous event of which we are delighted to lend our support in raising money for such a worthy cause for our region,” Ms Nicholson said.
“The Lake District Farmers have done so much in putting Cumbrian fell-bred meat on the plates of top London restaurants and it is fantastic that these same restaurants and chefs are now coming to Cumbria to support a charity for the local community.”
Hawkshead Relish owners Mark and Maria Whitehead founded the company in 2001 after the foot and mouth epidemic saw the number of customers visiting their cafe dwindle.
From humble beginnings selling a small range of relishes, pickles and preserves in local shops, their hand-made products now feature on the menus of some of Britain’s top hotels and restaurants.
One Week Only will run from February 1 to 5.
Only a handful of tickets remain. To book, call 01229 870168.
First published at 16:20, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Dalton news
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)