Barrovian Jackson back at hometown club
Last updated at 11:20, Wednesday, 08 August 2012
BARROW AFC have completed the loan signings of Burnley duo Joe Jackson and Tom Anderson.
The arrival of Barrow-born, 19-year-old striker Jackson and centre-half Anderson, who turns 19 next month, boosts the number of players in the Bluebirds squad to 15, ahead of Saturday’s 2012/13 Blue Square Bet Premier opener at home against AFC Telford United.
Former Parkview School pupil Jackson, who had a successful loan spell with Barrow last season when he scored three goals in seven appearances, will return to AFC on a loan deal until January.
Anderson, who has been at Turf Moor for more than a decade and captained the youth team as well as playing for the reserves, will remain with the Bluebirds for the same duration as his team-mate.
Both teenagers were part of the Championship club’s development squad side that started a pre-season friendly at Furness Building Society Stadium last month, won 3-0 by Barrow.
Jackson will become the third striker in the AFC ranks, alongside Adam Boyes and Obi Anoruo, with manager Dave Bayliss set to add a fourth before the new season begins.
Anderson, meanwhile, will join Sean Hessey and Mike Pearson as choices for Bayliss in the centre-half berths.
* Midfielder James Owen has been handed the number six shirt, previously worn by Robin Hulbert, for the new season. Striker Adam Boyes will wear the number nine jersey.
Squad numbers, as it stands, for 2012/13: 1 Hurst, 2 Flynn, 3 Skelton, 4 Hessey, 5 M Pearson, 6 Owen, 7 Rutherford, 8 Baker, 9 Boyes, 10 Anoruo, 12 Jackson, 14 Harvey, 15 Hunter, 16 Anderson, 21 S Pearson.
* Barrow’s new playing kit is set to be branded locally this week and available for the team to wear for the first time on Saturday. Due to one sponsor having to be replaced and another requiring an alteration to the colours in their logo, the 2012/13 adult replica shirts will not arrive until next month.
* AFC are this week set to announce admission prices at Furness Building Society Stadium for the forthcoming season.
* Bluebirds officials have told the Evening Mail that compensation deals for former players Andy Cook and Jack Mackreth have been sorted with Grimsby Town and Macclesfield Town respectively, but that the details will remain confidential between the clubs involved.
First published at 16:04, Tuesday, 07 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Dalton news
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- Dowdales School prom
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Furness pro Daniel tops the averages
- No title
- Investing in workshops, equipment – and people
- Make the most of it
- Barrow v Gateshead FA Trophy match postponed
- No prams on the train without a special ticket
- Net gain for talented pair
- Study into harnessing tidal energy of Solway