Barrovian Jackson back at hometown club
Last updated at 11:20, Wednesday, 08 August 2012
BARROW AFC have completed the loan signings of Burnley duo Joe Jackson and Tom Anderson.
The arrival of Barrow-born, 19-year-old striker Jackson and centre-half Anderson, who turns 19 next month, boosts the number of players in the Bluebirds squad to 15, ahead of Saturday’s 2012/13 Blue Square Bet Premier opener at home against AFC Telford United.
Former Parkview School pupil Jackson, who had a successful loan spell with Barrow last season when he scored three goals in seven appearances, will return to AFC on a loan deal until January.
Anderson, who has been at Turf Moor for more than a decade and captained the youth team as well as playing for the reserves, will remain with the Bluebirds for the same duration as his team-mate.
Both teenagers were part of the Championship club’s development squad side that started a pre-season friendly at Furness Building Society Stadium last month, won 3-0 by Barrow.
Jackson will become the third striker in the AFC ranks, alongside Adam Boyes and Obi Anoruo, with manager Dave Bayliss set to add a fourth before the new season begins.
Anderson, meanwhile, will join Sean Hessey and Mike Pearson as choices for Bayliss in the centre-half berths.
* Midfielder James Owen has been handed the number six shirt, previously worn by Robin Hulbert, for the new season. Striker Adam Boyes will wear the number nine jersey.
Squad numbers, as it stands, for 2012/13: 1 Hurst, 2 Flynn, 3 Skelton, 4 Hessey, 5 M Pearson, 6 Owen, 7 Rutherford, 8 Baker, 9 Boyes, 10 Anoruo, 12 Jackson, 14 Harvey, 15 Hunter, 16 Anderson, 21 S Pearson.
* Barrow’s new playing kit is set to be branded locally this week and available for the team to wear for the first time on Saturday. Due to one sponsor having to be replaced and another requiring an alteration to the colours in their logo, the 2012/13 adult replica shirts will not arrive until next month.
* AFC are this week set to announce admission prices at Furness Building Society Stadium for the forthcoming season.
* Bluebirds officials have told the Evening Mail that compensation deals for former players Andy Cook and Jack Mackreth have been sorted with Grimsby Town and Macclesfield Town respectively, but that the details will remain confidential between the clubs involved.
First published at 16:04, Tuesday, 07 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Dalton news
- Barrow man due in court charged with drunken conduct in Dalton
- Markets failure is blow to Dalton renewal hopes
- Cumbria man is jailed for sex offence with child
- Four generations celebrate Dalton motor man’s 100th birthday
- Date set for Dalton zoo death inquest
- Curfew for Dalton man who spat at bar manager (2 comments)
- Dalton garden centre boss goes back to early roots
- Ceremony to mark new Askam library Saturday openings
- Police probe Dalton zoo owner’s gay marriage comments (132 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss provokes outrage with ‘same sex’ comments (70 comments)
- Date for repair work completion revealed at Dalton sports hall
- Hundreds join mission to make Barrow girl’s Disney dream come true
- Barrow Street dealers’ mission ends in prison term
- Dalton Rugby Club wins kit contest with top tactics
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Illegal Dalton parkers face spot fines (8 comments)
- Dalton police appealing for witnesses after car fled from the scene of a smash (1 comment)
- Baby giraffe injured at Cumbria zoo
- Cumbria Fire Crew’s anger at pay-off options
- Former Dalton pupils gather from near and far for reunion
- Power firm boss to give former Dalton police station new lease of life
- Dalton charity spectacular soars past £30k mark
- Dalton fire crew among those called to blaze at Barrow flat
- Bidders splash the cash in Dalton Valentine’s date auction
- ‘Lives may be at risk’ as Dalton fire station faces closure (5 comments)
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans