Barrovian Jackson back at hometown club
Last updated at 11:20, Wednesday, 08 August 2012
BARROW AFC have completed the loan signings of Burnley duo Joe Jackson and Tom Anderson.
The arrival of Barrow-born, 19-year-old striker Jackson and centre-half Anderson, who turns 19 next month, boosts the number of players in the Bluebirds squad to 15, ahead of Saturday’s 2012/13 Blue Square Bet Premier opener at home against AFC Telford United.
Former Parkview School pupil Jackson, who had a successful loan spell with Barrow last season when he scored three goals in seven appearances, will return to AFC on a loan deal until January.
Anderson, who has been at Turf Moor for more than a decade and captained the youth team as well as playing for the reserves, will remain with the Bluebirds for the same duration as his team-mate.
Both teenagers were part of the Championship club’s development squad side that started a pre-season friendly at Furness Building Society Stadium last month, won 3-0 by Barrow.
Jackson will become the third striker in the AFC ranks, alongside Adam Boyes and Obi Anoruo, with manager Dave Bayliss set to add a fourth before the new season begins.
Anderson, meanwhile, will join Sean Hessey and Mike Pearson as choices for Bayliss in the centre-half berths.
* Midfielder James Owen has been handed the number six shirt, previously worn by Robin Hulbert, for the new season. Striker Adam Boyes will wear the number nine jersey.
Squad numbers, as it stands, for 2012/13: 1 Hurst, 2 Flynn, 3 Skelton, 4 Hessey, 5 M Pearson, 6 Owen, 7 Rutherford, 8 Baker, 9 Boyes, 10 Anoruo, 12 Jackson, 14 Harvey, 15 Hunter, 16 Anderson, 21 S Pearson.
* Barrow’s new playing kit is set to be branded locally this week and available for the team to wear for the first time on Saturday. Due to one sponsor having to be replaced and another requiring an alteration to the colours in their logo, the 2012/13 adult replica shirts will not arrive until next month.
* AFC are this week set to announce admission prices at Furness Building Society Stadium for the forthcoming season.
* Bluebirds officials have told the Evening Mail that compensation deals for former players Andy Cook and Jack Mackreth have been sorted with Grimsby Town and Macclesfield Town respectively, but that the details will remain confidential between the clubs involved.
First published at 16:04, Tuesday, 07 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Dalton news
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (17 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)
- South Cumbria primary school head’s homes plea rejected by planners
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners