Dalton bar owner set to put business up for sale
Last updated at 17:11, Monday, 07 January 2013
THE owner of a trendy Dalton bar has closed his business for ‘personal’ reasons – after little more than a year of trading.
Bar 20, in Tudor Square, shut for the last time on New Year’s Day, and is now set to be listed for sale.
The cocktail bar was opened in August 2011, after owner Chris Shaw, 24, decided to take his experience as a cocktail waiter in Newcastle and apply it to his own business.
At the time of its opening Mr Shaw said the bar would appeal to revellers looking for a ‘funkier’ night out, through its blend of mood lighting, music, and a host of flaming or fruity cocktails.
He said at the time: “I’m looking to cater for a variety of drinkers during the week, but for the bar to be cheap enough for the younger people to drink in at the weekends. I’ve heard a lot of people go through to wine bars in Ulverston, from Dalton, but if there was something like that in the town, they wouldn’t have to go that far.”
Mr Shaw has now, however, decided to pursue another career. He said: “I just wanted to go in a different direction.
It’s not really suited to my lifestyle at the moment, I’m young and the hours aren’t the best.”
Mr Shaw stressed the closure was a personal and not a business decision, and the bar would still be viable for anyone interested in taking over.
“It’s just the way I feel. I’m looking for a more steady job, but the bar still works” he said. “We employ five or six staff who are all part time, so it’s not a big deal for them really.”
The building and bar will be put up for sale in the next few weeks.
First published at 16:38, Monday, 07 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is a 'trendy' bar in Dalton!???!
Does anyone actually still use the word 'trendy', apart from Eurotrash of course.
Make your comment
More Dalton news
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open (1 comment)
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)