Dalton bar owner set to put business up for sale
Last updated at 17:11, Monday, 07 January 2013
THE owner of a trendy Dalton bar has closed his business for ‘personal’ reasons – after little more than a year of trading.
Bar 20, in Tudor Square, shut for the last time on New Year’s Day, and is now set to be listed for sale.
The cocktail bar was opened in August 2011, after owner Chris Shaw, 24, decided to take his experience as a cocktail waiter in Newcastle and apply it to his own business.
At the time of its opening Mr Shaw said the bar would appeal to revellers looking for a ‘funkier’ night out, through its blend of mood lighting, music, and a host of flaming or fruity cocktails.
He said at the time: “I’m looking to cater for a variety of drinkers during the week, but for the bar to be cheap enough for the younger people to drink in at the weekends. I’ve heard a lot of people go through to wine bars in Ulverston, from Dalton, but if there was something like that in the town, they wouldn’t have to go that far.”
Mr Shaw has now, however, decided to pursue another career. He said: “I just wanted to go in a different direction.
It’s not really suited to my lifestyle at the moment, I’m young and the hours aren’t the best.”
Mr Shaw stressed the closure was a personal and not a business decision, and the bar would still be viable for anyone interested in taking over.
“It’s just the way I feel. I’m looking for a more steady job, but the bar still works” he said. “We employ five or six staff who are all part time, so it’s not a big deal for them really.”
The building and bar will be put up for sale in the next few weeks.
First published at 16:38, Monday, 07 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is a 'trendy' bar in Dalton!???!
Does anyone actually still use the word 'trendy', apart from Eurotrash of course.
Make your comment
More Dalton news
- Smurfs spotted out and about on Dalton school’s sponsored stroll
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Shoplifter caught in Dalton with £500 admitted money laundering
- Legal error results in Dalton zoo chief facing wrong charges (1 comment)
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Dalton family’s distress after raiders stole ‘irreplaceable’ jewellery
- Tributes to 'witty and lovely' Dalton man who died a month after transplant (1 comment)
- Cumbria Police investigate burglary in Dalton
- Dalton schoolgirl suffers broken foot following collision with vehicle
- Dalton hotel set to reopen after gas canister explosion in kitchen (2 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Dalton zoo is handed series of new conditions after inspection
- Council hits back in Dalton zoo tiger feeding row (45 comments)
- Dalton fire station sold to highest bidder for £130,000 (1 comment)
- Dalton Leisure centre full steam ahead after grant for boilers
- Dalton man pleads not guilty to dangerous driving
- Dalton woman who has 30 identities slams NHS healthcare failings (9 comments)
- Cumbria music festival hailed by organisers as the biggest yet
- Closed Dalton fire station will be sold to highest bidder
- Barrow council bosses in Dalton pub car park showdown
- Dalton zoo owner denies allowing animals to escape
- Dalton great-gran praises heroes who saved her from blazing kitchen (3 comments)
- Dalton makes an impression on visiting Britain in Bloom judges
- Planners to decide on controversial Dalton car park (4 comments)
- Dalton zoo standing tall in Trip Advisor’s top 10 (3 comments)