Dalton bar owner set to put business up for sale
Last updated at 17:11, Monday, 07 January 2013
THE owner of a trendy Dalton bar has closed his business for ‘personal’ reasons – after little more than a year of trading.
Bar 20, in Tudor Square, shut for the last time on New Year’s Day, and is now set to be listed for sale.
The cocktail bar was opened in August 2011, after owner Chris Shaw, 24, decided to take his experience as a cocktail waiter in Newcastle and apply it to his own business.
At the time of its opening Mr Shaw said the bar would appeal to revellers looking for a ‘funkier’ night out, through its blend of mood lighting, music, and a host of flaming or fruity cocktails.
He said at the time: “I’m looking to cater for a variety of drinkers during the week, but for the bar to be cheap enough for the younger people to drink in at the weekends. I’ve heard a lot of people go through to wine bars in Ulverston, from Dalton, but if there was something like that in the town, they wouldn’t have to go that far.”
Mr Shaw has now, however, decided to pursue another career. He said: “I just wanted to go in a different direction.
It’s not really suited to my lifestyle at the moment, I’m young and the hours aren’t the best.”
Mr Shaw stressed the closure was a personal and not a business decision, and the bar would still be viable for anyone interested in taking over.
“It’s just the way I feel. I’m looking for a more steady job, but the bar still works” he said. “We employ five or six staff who are all part time, so it’s not a big deal for them really.”
The building and bar will be put up for sale in the next few weeks.
First published at 16:38, Monday, 07 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is a 'trendy' bar in Dalton!???!
Does anyone actually still use the word 'trendy', apart from Eurotrash of course.
Make your comment
More Dalton news
- Cumbria man is jailed for sex offence with child
- Four generations celebrate Dalton motor man’s 100th birthday
- Date set for Dalton zoo death inquest
- Curfew for Dalton man who spat at bar manager (2 comments)
- Dalton garden centre boss goes back to early roots
- Ceremony to mark new Askam library Saturday openings
- Police probe Dalton zoo owner’s gay marriage comments (132 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss provokes outrage with ‘same sex’ comments (70 comments)
- Date for repair work completion revealed at Dalton sports hall
- Hundreds join mission to make Barrow girl’s Disney dream come true
- Barrow Street dealers’ mission ends in prison term
- Dalton Rugby Club wins kit contest with top tactics
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Illegal Dalton parkers face spot fines (7 comments)
- Dalton police appealing for witnesses after car fled from the scene of a smash (1 comment)
- Baby giraffe injured at Cumbria zoo
- Cumbria Fire Crew’s anger at pay-off options
- Former Dalton pupils gather from near and far for reunion
- Power firm boss to give former Dalton police station new lease of life
- Dalton charity spectacular soars past £30k mark
- Dalton fire crew among those called to blaze at Barrow flat
- Bidders splash the cash in Dalton Valentine’s date auction
- ‘Lives may be at risk’ as Dalton fire station faces closure (5 comments)
- Dalton pupils go all out for Wizard of Oz show
- Dalton zoo owner defends Danish zoo’s decision to kill giraffe (9 comments)