Dalton death not treated as suspicious
Last updated at 13:10, Tuesday, 26 January 2010
AN inquest has opened into the death of a 46-year-old man. Police found Mick Butler dead at his flat in Market Street, Dalton, just after 7pm on January 19.
A post-mortem was carried out on Thursday.
His death is not being treated as suspicious.
At Barrow Town Hall yesterday South and East Cumbria Coroner, Mr Ian Smith, opened an inquest into Mr Butler’s death.
Wife Ciara McGuinness, from whom Mr Butler was separated, was accompanied by his brother, Mark.
Mark Butler confirmed Mick Butler had been employed as a call centre operative and was born in Barrow.
The inquest was adjourned to allow the funeral to take place.
It is due to be held at Thorncliffe Crematorium on Thursday at 10.45am.
First published at 13:01, Tuesday, 26 January 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Barrow council prosecutes in connection with zoo keeper death
- Business prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open (1 comment)
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- Council hits back in Dalton zoo tiger feeding row (45 comments)
- Lindal flying
- Victory keeps Ulverston on top
- Dalton Medieval Fair 2008
- Thieves target Cumbria football club
- Furness and Millom warm-up for cup showdowns
- Ulverston Rangers beat the weather - and CMB
- Paterson does the trick for Vickerstown
- Dalton litter crusade goes on
- House fire
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22