Dalton death not treated as suspicious
Last updated at 13:10, Tuesday, 26 January 2010
AN inquest has opened into the death of a 46-year-old man. Police found Mick Butler dead at his flat in Market Street, Dalton, just after 7pm on January 19.
A post-mortem was carried out on Thursday.
His death is not being treated as suspicious.
At Barrow Town Hall yesterday South and East Cumbria Coroner, Mr Ian Smith, opened an inquest into Mr Butler’s death.
Wife Ciara McGuinness, from whom Mr Butler was separated, was accompanied by his brother, Mark.
Mark Butler confirmed Mick Butler had been employed as a call centre operative and was born in Barrow.
The inquest was adjourned to allow the funeral to take place.
It is due to be held at Thorncliffe Crematorium on Thursday at 10.45am.
First published at 13:01, Tuesday, 26 January 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (17 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)
- South Cumbria primary school head’s homes plea rejected by planners
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
Evening Mail homepage
- Barrow death crash case delay ‘unacceptable’ says judge
- Dalton businessman tells Ulverston: "We'll have your supermarket if you don't want it." (14 comments)
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Dalton 10k results
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
- BIG NIGHT OUT: Hockey players have a jolly night after a year of being right on the ball
- Tributes to talented Carlisle musician (2 comments)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22