Dalton death not treated as suspicious
Last updated at 13:10, Tuesday, 26 January 2010
AN inquest has opened into the death of a 46-year-old man. Police found Mick Butler dead at his flat in Market Street, Dalton, just after 7pm on January 19.
A post-mortem was carried out on Thursday.
His death is not being treated as suspicious.
At Barrow Town Hall yesterday South and East Cumbria Coroner, Mr Ian Smith, opened an inquest into Mr Butler’s death.
Wife Ciara McGuinness, from whom Mr Butler was separated, was accompanied by his brother, Mark.
Mark Butler confirmed Mick Butler had been employed as a call centre operative and was born in Barrow.
The inquest was adjourned to allow the funeral to take place.
It is due to be held at Thorncliffe Crematorium on Thursday at 10.45am.
First published at 13:01, Tuesday, 26 January 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)