Dalton OAP’s crutch swiped
Last updated at 09:49, Wednesday, 14 March 2012
A PENSIONER faces an uphill struggle to get home – after his crutch was pinched.
Joe Taylor was putting on his Irish Lottery in the Bet Fred bookies in Market Street, Dalton, when his crutch was swiped.
Mr Taylor said: “I left it by the door so no one would trip over it. I went to the counter and when I came back to the door someone had taken it.”
The 78-year-old suffers from arthritis in his left knee and recently twisted his right ankle, so he relies on his crutch to get around town.
He said: “I’ve got several walking sticks but I’ve got a bad hand so I can’t grip them.”
A neighbour has since given him a replacement crutch.
But Mr Taylor, who lives at the top end of Market Street, past the Co-op, said it was a struggle just to get home without it.
He believes it may have been taken for the value of the scrap aluminium.
First published at 13:09, Thursday, 08 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
- Hundreds celebrate Dalton Christmas lights switch on
- Cold war nuclear crash may have caused Dalton man’s cancer (1 comment)
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- ‘Family spat’ probably led to Dalton monkey escape (1 comment)
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
- Smurfs spotted out and about on Dalton school’s sponsored stroll
- Shoplifter caught in Dalton with £500 admitted money laundering
- Legal error results in Dalton zoo chief facing wrong charges (1 comment)
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Dalton family’s distress after raiders stole ‘irreplaceable’ jewellery
- Tributes to 'witty and lovely' Dalton man who died a month after transplant (1 comment)
- Cumbria Police investigate burglary in Dalton
- Dalton schoolgirl suffers broken foot following collision with vehicle
- Dalton hotel set to reopen after gas canister explosion in kitchen (2 comments)
Evening Mail homepage
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life