Dalton playgroup loves new-look play area
Published at 16:13, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
CAPTIVATED kids are loving life in their new-look play area.
Jack and Jill Playgroup has moved into a revamped classroom-like section of Dalton Drill Hall.
The Nelson Street building has been undergoing big changes as part of redevelopment plans rolled out by its owners, the Dalton Community Association.
Phase two of the trustees’ ambitious blueprint has included a new kitchen and pantry, improved heating and lighting, additional toilets and self-contained spaces and the relocation of the town’s police force to the Drill Hall. The play group had been held in the main hall, but supervisor Claire Round said the new, smaller space is ideal.
She said: “It’s obviously more comfortable, carpeted, we can put things on the wall, and it’s just lovely. We have had a lot more parents drop in to have a look. It’s been through word of mouth and we’ve had a lot of positive feedback from the parents. From the physical point of view, it is smaller but we do go outside every day to get our physical activity.
“We go to the park, go on walks through town, go to local schools for our outdoor play and we’ve been out to the post office and all posted a letter.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open (1 comment)
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)