Dalton playgroup loves new-look play area
Published at 16:13, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
CAPTIVATED kids are loving life in their new-look play area.
Jack and Jill Playgroup has moved into a revamped classroom-like section of Dalton Drill Hall.
The Nelson Street building has been undergoing big changes as part of redevelopment plans rolled out by its owners, the Dalton Community Association.
Phase two of the trustees’ ambitious blueprint has included a new kitchen and pantry, improved heating and lighting, additional toilets and self-contained spaces and the relocation of the town’s police force to the Drill Hall. The play group had been held in the main hall, but supervisor Claire Round said the new, smaller space is ideal.
She said: “It’s obviously more comfortable, carpeted, we can put things on the wall, and it’s just lovely. We have had a lot more parents drop in to have a look. It’s been through word of mouth and we’ve had a lot of positive feedback from the parents. From the physical point of view, it is smaller but we do go outside every day to get our physical activity.
“We go to the park, go on walks through town, go to local schools for our outdoor play and we’ve been out to the post office and all posted a letter.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)
- South Cumbria primary school head’s homes plea rejected by planners
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
Evening Mail homepage
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21