Dalton playgroup loves new-look play area
Published at 16:13, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
CAPTIVATED kids are loving life in their new-look play area.
Jack and Jill Playgroup has moved into a revamped classroom-like section of Dalton Drill Hall.
The Nelson Street building has been undergoing big changes as part of redevelopment plans rolled out by its owners, the Dalton Community Association.
Phase two of the trustees’ ambitious blueprint has included a new kitchen and pantry, improved heating and lighting, additional toilets and self-contained spaces and the relocation of the town’s police force to the Drill Hall. The play group had been held in the main hall, but supervisor Claire Round said the new, smaller space is ideal.
She said: “It’s obviously more comfortable, carpeted, we can put things on the wall, and it’s just lovely. We have had a lot more parents drop in to have a look. It’s been through word of mouth and we’ve had a lot of positive feedback from the parents. From the physical point of view, it is smaller but we do go outside every day to get our physical activity.
“We go to the park, go on walks through town, go to local schools for our outdoor play and we’ve been out to the post office and all posted a letter.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton Leisure centre full steam ahead after grant for boilers
- Dalton man pleads not guilty to dangerous driving
- Dalton woman who has 30 identities slams NHS healthcare failings (9 comments)
- Cumbria music festival hailed by organisers as the biggest yet
- Closed Dalton fire station will be sold to highest bidder
- Barrow council bosses in Dalton pub car park showdown
- Dalton zoo owner denies allowing animals to escape
- Dalton great-gran praises heroes who saved her from blazing kitchen (3 comments)
- Dalton makes an impression on visiting Britain in Bloom judges
- Planners to decide on controversial Dalton car park (4 comments)
- Dalton zoo standing tall in Trip Advisor’s top 10 (3 comments)
- Forces fundraising fun in Dalton marks anniversary of war
- Dalton woman charged with intimidating a witness
- Cumbria GP stresses importance of efficiency (1 comment)
- Owner learns of Dalton cat's fate today (4 comments)
- Appeal for information after woman assaulted in Dalton
- Fresh date for inquest into death of Dalton zoo tiger attack victim
- Dalton woman charged with benefit fraud faces trial
- Dalton rape accused in court
- Dalton fire station closes for final time after 140 years of service (3 comments)
- Sound of science appeals to Dalton school’s budding engineers
- Dalton health campaigner to stage protest outside health watchdog HQ
- Thousands enjoy Dalton carnival
- Dalton football club appeals for help after £3,000 attack by vandals
- Red letter day as 40 years of Dalton school are marked
Evening Mail homepage
- Margin-meter – what next? (1 comment)
- Witness appeal for Dalton collision in Cumbria
- Dalton zoo lemur babies have spring in their step
- Royle visit a success story
- Four for Shaw as Holt’s Barrow Raiders win with ease (10 comments)
- What price for a figurehead?
- No title
- STAGE STRUCK
- Different dealers forced to offer different prices for same petrol
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33