Dalton pupils take to the stage
Published at 16:04, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
REHEARSALS for an energetic performance of a hit musical were under way right up until the curtain was raised on the first performance last night.
More than 100 pupils from Dowdales School, Dalton, were performing in a version of the classic Hairspray.
Staff and students have been busy rehearsing singing, dancing and acting for the annual production since September last year.
Pupils Charlotte Craig and Jamie-Leigh Currie are playing the lead roles of aspiring performer and singer Tracey Turnblad.
The show also sees the return of past-pupil, Josh Lister, in the role of Edna, Tracey’s mother.
Head of drama, Laura Waddington said: “I am so proud of the way they have worked sensitively with the themes in this piece and taken ownership of it.” Hairspray continues until tomorrow night.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Barrow council prosecutes in connection with zoo keeper death
- Business prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open (1 comment)
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- Buried women ‘were in Amazon fighting tribe’
- Ex-United star caught on mobile driving car
- Grant Holt: I will always be that fat kid from Cumbria (5 comments)
- Artist Katy shows she’s a glass act
- Fletcher Christian: The face behind the name
- GCSE passes
- Lisa Marie Presley admits stealing from Carlisle store
- Tories hit back at Woodcock
- Judge praises Cumbrian police for cracking Carlisle drug gang
- Two happy youngsters tragically killed in separate road accidents
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22