Dalton pupils take to the stage
Published at 16:04, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
REHEARSALS for an energetic performance of a hit musical were under way right up until the curtain was raised on the first performance last night.
More than 100 pupils from Dowdales School, Dalton, were performing in a version of the classic Hairspray.
Staff and students have been busy rehearsing singing, dancing and acting for the annual production since September last year.
Pupils Charlotte Craig and Jamie-Leigh Currie are playing the lead roles of aspiring performer and singer Tracey Turnblad.
The show also sees the return of past-pupil, Josh Lister, in the role of Edna, Tracey’s mother.
Head of drama, Laura Waddington said: “I am so proud of the way they have worked sensitively with the themes in this piece and taken ownership of it.” Hairspray continues until tomorrow night.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton Leisure centre full steam ahead after grant for boilers
- Dalton man pleads not guilty to dangerous driving
- Dalton woman who has 30 identities slams NHS healthcare failings (9 comments)
- Cumbria music festival hailed by organisers as the biggest yet
- Closed Dalton fire station will be sold to highest bidder
- Barrow council bosses in Dalton pub car park showdown
- Dalton zoo owner denies allowing animals to escape
- Dalton great-gran praises heroes who saved her from blazing kitchen (3 comments)
- Dalton makes an impression on visiting Britain in Bloom judges
- Planners to decide on controversial Dalton car park (4 comments)
- Dalton zoo standing tall in Trip Advisor’s top 10 (3 comments)
- Forces fundraising fun in Dalton marks anniversary of war
- Dalton woman charged with intimidating a witness
- Cumbria GP stresses importance of efficiency (1 comment)
- Owner learns of Dalton cat's fate today (4 comments)
- Appeal for information after woman assaulted in Dalton
- Fresh date for inquest into death of Dalton zoo tiger attack victim
- Dalton woman charged with benefit fraud faces trial
- Dalton rape accused in court
- Dalton fire station closes for final time after 140 years of service (3 comments)
- Sound of science appeals to Dalton school’s budding engineers
- Dalton health campaigner to stage protest outside health watchdog HQ
- Thousands enjoy Dalton carnival
- Dalton football club appeals for help after £3,000 attack by vandals
- Red letter day as 40 years of Dalton school are marked
Evening Mail homepage
- Margin-meter – what next? (1 comment)
- Witness appeal for Dalton collision in Cumbria
- Dalton zoo lemur babies have spring in their step
- Royle visit a success story
- Four for Shaw as Holt’s Barrow Raiders win with ease (10 comments)
- What price for a figurehead?
- No title
- STAGE STRUCK
- Different dealers forced to offer different prices for same petrol
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33