Freddie tribute act to perform at hospice fundraiser
Last updated at 16:16, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
QUEEN fans can enjoy the music of their idols while helping raise money for charity.
A Freddie Mercury Tribute Night is being held in aid of St Mary’s Hospice from 7.30pm on March 17. The event, featuring tribute act Deane, will aim to recreate the magic of Mercury’s flamboyant stage persona and powerful vocals.
It will be held at Dalton Cricket Club on Saturday March 17.
Tickets cost £10.
The ticket price will also include a hot supper which will be provided by the Bob Inn Cafe.
They can be bought from the hospice or the St Mary’s shops in Dalton or Barrow.
For more information about the event call 01229 580305.
First published at 13:09, Monday, 27 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Cumbria Council warns of ‘premature’ use of quarry as a landfill site
- Dalton site suggested for Sainsbury’s store (11 comments)
- Cumbria County Council election
- Eight years for arsonists who torched Dalton beach kiosk for thrills (33 comments)
- Young Dalton storytellers do school proud with competition entries
- Drive to nurture Furness youngsters’ interest in growing their own
- Brave Dalton woman spreads message of hope (2 comments)
- Hunt is on for Barrow bellringers
- Delight for Dalton couple after competition win
- South Lakes farm making neighbours’ lives a nightmare - claim (5 comments)
- Police issue security alert after Dalton break-in
- Cumbria magician conjures up competition win (1 comment)
- Plan for wind turbine at Furness landfill site sparks toxic waste worries
- Man stole food from Dalton shop, despite having £500 cash
- Dalton zoo lemur babies have spring in their step
- Power cuts affect several Dalton streets
- Furness challenge night helps curry fans satisfy burning ambition
- Bed-ridden Dalton stroke victim sickened by theft by own sister (5 comments)
- Dalton pupils hone sports leadership skills
- Cumbria police and crime commissioner opens new Dalton police station
- Tragic Dalton farm worker’s widow tells of ordeal
- Dalton woman, 49, falsely claimed £30k in disability benefits
- Dalton Drill Hall’s upgrade takes another leap forward
- Dalton greengrocers hailed as cooking event raises £35k for charities (1 comment)
- Dalton litter crusade goes on
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)
- Four for Shaw as Holt’s Barrow Raiders win with ease (10 comments)
- Three-car crash raises residents' zoo access fears (2 comments)
- I like to ride my bicycle
- No title
- No title
- Vital repair work to train line praised by rail group
- Medieval celebration cancelled (3 comments)
- Lake District park budget is slashed by 20 per cent
- Raiders hope for a winter warmer, writes Dave Sear