Fund-raiser Pat recognised for 25 years of service
Last updated at 19:18, Thursday, 19 November 2009
A VOLUNTEER who raises funds to help disadvantaged children has been recognised for a quarter of a century of service.
Pat Crook was presented with her 25-year badge by Sylvia Smith, the chairwoman of the Ulverston support group for Barnardo’s, earlier this month.
Mrs Crook, of Barrow, joined the Ulverston group a few years back after the Barrow group was forced to fold.
Since then, she and fellow ex-Barrow member Dorothy Baines have picked up where they left off raising money for the north west section of Barnardo’s – the UK’s largest children’s charity.
Mrs Smith, a member of the Ulverston group for some 45 years, said: “Every charitable organisation is suffering now with the younger people not coming through, but the older ones are quite happy to continue helping and most, like Pat, are quite happy to work 25 years and onwards.”
Mrs Crook was presented with the badge at a recent Barnardo’s coffee morning in the Coronation Hall.
Barnardo’s provides direct support to thousands of children, young people and their families by running projects and services at home, school and in the community.
First published at 12:57, Thursday, 19 November 2009
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Barrow council prosecutes in connection with zoo keeper death
- Business prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open (1 comment)
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)