Fund-raiser Pat recognised for 25 years of service
Last updated at 19:18, Thursday, 19 November 2009
A VOLUNTEER who raises funds to help disadvantaged children has been recognised for a quarter of a century of service.
Pat Crook was presented with her 25-year badge by Sylvia Smith, the chairwoman of the Ulverston support group for Barnardo’s, earlier this month.
Mrs Crook, of Barrow, joined the Ulverston group a few years back after the Barrow group was forced to fold.
Since then, she and fellow ex-Barrow member Dorothy Baines have picked up where they left off raising money for the north west section of Barnardo’s – the UK’s largest children’s charity.
Mrs Smith, a member of the Ulverston group for some 45 years, said: “Every charitable organisation is suffering now with the younger people not coming through, but the older ones are quite happy to continue helping and most, like Pat, are quite happy to work 25 years and onwards.”
Mrs Crook was presented with the badge at a recent Barnardo’s coffee morning in the Coronation Hall.
Barnardo’s provides direct support to thousands of children, young people and their families by running projects and services at home, school and in the community.
First published at 12:57, Thursday, 19 November 2009
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)