Published at 13:14, Friday, 08 April 2011
K VILLAGE is launching its Easter season with a festival of activity beginning on Saturday April 16.
Heading the bill and bringing a distinctly Italian flavour to the centre will be television celebrity chef Gino D’Acampo, who will provide culinary inspiration with a series of exciting cookery demonstrations and book-signings.
Mandy Dixon, K Village Centre Manager, says: “Since we opened last July we have been working hard to finish off building works and all the behind the scenes ‘end jobs’ and finishing touches, such as landscaping and internal planting.
“The builders have finally gone and we’ve had a really good spring clean to start the busy Easter period with a bang!
“We’re delighted that Gino D’Acampo has agreed to take part in our festival opening day and I’ve no doubt that the complimentary tickets for his three cookery demonstrations will be in huge demand.”
Gino will be sharing his top cooking tips in a specially designed kitchen within K Village, three times during the day.
The live demonstrations will take place at 11am, 12.45pm and 3pm.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet Gino as he signs copies of his new book Gino’s Pasta outside The Works bookshop.
Visitors to K Village will also be able to enjoy musical entertainment throughout the Mall, with chocolate competitions, face painters and balloonists sure to be a hit with the children.
Outside broadcasts from local radio stations will be keeping the atmosphere lively while some unexpected celebrity visitors throughout the week will add an element of surprise.
Mandy Dixon adds: “K Village is a really family-friendly centre, not only in the wide range of retailers we have, but also in the food offering and easy access throughout the Mall.
“We’re expecting huge numbers this Easter as shoppers avail of our great value prices and added value entertainment during this holiday period.
“Gino D’Acampo will provide a terrific start to the week and we will be revealing even more activity as we get closer to Easter, so watch this space!”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Barrow council prosecutes in connection with zoo keeper death
- Business prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open (1 comment)
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- Cumberland pig bred to restart extinct breed is infertile
- MAN JAILED FOR HARASSING FORMER GIRLFRIEND
- Carlisle man convicted of conning cash from multi-millionaire
- Eatery worker could go to jail
- Abuse man fined £100
- Dalton Carnival
- MAN KILLED AS HE LAY ON ROAD
- Cricket rivals ready for big bash at Furness CC
- Killer has gun conviction quashed by Appeal Court judges
- News round-up
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22