Published at 13:14, Friday, 08 April 2011
K VILLAGE is launching its Easter season with a festival of activity beginning on Saturday April 16.
Heading the bill and bringing a distinctly Italian flavour to the centre will be television celebrity chef Gino D’Acampo, who will provide culinary inspiration with a series of exciting cookery demonstrations and book-signings.
Mandy Dixon, K Village Centre Manager, says: “Since we opened last July we have been working hard to finish off building works and all the behind the scenes ‘end jobs’ and finishing touches, such as landscaping and internal planting.
“The builders have finally gone and we’ve had a really good spring clean to start the busy Easter period with a bang!
“We’re delighted that Gino D’Acampo has agreed to take part in our festival opening day and I’ve no doubt that the complimentary tickets for his three cookery demonstrations will be in huge demand.”
Gino will be sharing his top cooking tips in a specially designed kitchen within K Village, three times during the day.
The live demonstrations will take place at 11am, 12.45pm and 3pm.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet Gino as he signs copies of his new book Gino’s Pasta outside The Works bookshop.
Visitors to K Village will also be able to enjoy musical entertainment throughout the Mall, with chocolate competitions, face painters and balloonists sure to be a hit with the children.
Outside broadcasts from local radio stations will be keeping the atmosphere lively while some unexpected celebrity visitors throughout the week will add an element of surprise.
Mandy Dixon adds: “K Village is a really family-friendly centre, not only in the wide range of retailers we have, but also in the food offering and easy access throughout the Mall.
“We’re expecting huge numbers this Easter as shoppers avail of our great value prices and added value entertainment during this holiday period.
“Gino D’Acampo will provide a terrific start to the week and we will be revealing even more activity as we get closer to Easter, so watch this space!”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Cumbria Fire Crew’s anger at pay-off options
- Former Dalton pupils gather from near and far for reunion
- Power firm boss to give former Dalton police station new lease of life
- Dalton charity spectacular soars past £30k mark
- Dalton fire crew among those called to blaze at Barrow flat
- Bidders splash the cash in Dalton Valentine’s date auction
- ‘Lives may be at risk’ as Dalton fire station faces closure (5 comments)
- Dalton pupils go all out for Wizard of Oz show
- Dalton zoo owner defends Danish zoo’s decision to kill giraffe (9 comments)
- Dalton pub auctions off staff
- Dalton zoo inspected
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Dalton leisure centre seeking public’s support in bid for heating cash (1 comment)
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Cumbria schoolgirls ask for donations to Alice Pyne charity and RSPCA instead of birthday presents
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Dalton councillor quits amid row over cuts to fire services (7 comments)
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Lone stork in Cumbria (5 comments)
- Dalton celebrity chef event offers meal cooked by top chef in your own home
- Manchester City legends coming to Dalton event
- Proposal to close Dalton fire station sparks heated debate
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Undercover work pays off for garden centre bosses
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans