Published at 13:14, Friday, 08 April 2011
K VILLAGE is launching its Easter season with a festival of activity beginning on Saturday April 16.
Heading the bill and bringing a distinctly Italian flavour to the centre will be television celebrity chef Gino D’Acampo, who will provide culinary inspiration with a series of exciting cookery demonstrations and book-signings.
Mandy Dixon, K Village Centre Manager, says: “Since we opened last July we have been working hard to finish off building works and all the behind the scenes ‘end jobs’ and finishing touches, such as landscaping and internal planting.
“The builders have finally gone and we’ve had a really good spring clean to start the busy Easter period with a bang!
“We’re delighted that Gino D’Acampo has agreed to take part in our festival opening day and I’ve no doubt that the complimentary tickets for his three cookery demonstrations will be in huge demand.”
Gino will be sharing his top cooking tips in a specially designed kitchen within K Village, three times during the day.
The live demonstrations will take place at 11am, 12.45pm and 3pm.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet Gino as he signs copies of his new book Gino’s Pasta outside The Works bookshop.
Visitors to K Village will also be able to enjoy musical entertainment throughout the Mall, with chocolate competitions, face painters and balloonists sure to be a hit with the children.
Outside broadcasts from local radio stations will be keeping the atmosphere lively while some unexpected celebrity visitors throughout the week will add an element of surprise.
Mandy Dixon adds: “K Village is a really family-friendly centre, not only in the wide range of retailers we have, but also in the food offering and easy access throughout the Mall.
“We’re expecting huge numbers this Easter as shoppers avail of our great value prices and added value entertainment during this holiday period.
“Gino D’Acampo will provide a terrific start to the week and we will be revealing even more activity as we get closer to Easter, so watch this space!”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
- Hundreds celebrate Dalton Christmas lights switch on
- Cold war nuclear crash may have caused Dalton man’s cancer (1 comment)
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- ‘Family spat’ probably led to Dalton monkey escape (1 comment)
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
Evening Mail homepage
- Pupils shine on carol show
- Barrow mum hits out over lack of Asperger support
- Dalton speeding problems to be tackled in town (7 comments)
- Have we got it right?
- Sports review of the year
- HEAD TO HEAD
- Squash coach calling it a day
- Record summer for Furness CC
- Weather hits North Lancs and Cumbria cricket
- South Lakes farm making neighbours’ lives a nightmare - claim (5 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education