Last updated at 09:23, Wednesday, 03 June 2009
THE organisers of Dalton Carnival are making a plea for volunteers in the run-up to the annual event.
Dancing troupes, bands and trade stalls will line the town’s streets, with the main parade beginning at 1pm.
Carnival Queen Sophie Clark, 13, will lead the celebrations on June 13. She will be joined by her ladies-in-waiting Melaina White and Sophie Warwick, both 12.
Millie Cruse and Leah Sanderson, both seven, will take part in the carnival as princesses to the queen.
The carnival route starts from Tudor Square and then on to Market Street, Skelgate, Mount Pleasant, Myrtle Terrace on to Chapel Street and into Nelson Street and then back on to Market Street and on to Station Road, then on to Beckside Road and finish at Dalton United Football Club.
There will be limited disabled parking at Dalton United Football Club from 10am, which will be re-opened to move vehicles from 6pm to avoid disruption to the carnival.
Awho would like to volunteer their services for the day, can contact committee chair Allyson Woodend, on 07922 990595, or by coming along to a committee meeting, held every Thursday in the Wellington pub, Market Street, from 7pm.
Trade stands are also still available, to book yours, contact Neil McDougall on 07917 728431 or email email@example.com
First published at 09:16, Tuesday, 05 May 2009
Published by http://www.daltonlocal.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
- Hundreds celebrate Dalton Christmas lights switch on
- Cold war nuclear crash may have caused Dalton man’s cancer (1 comment)
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- ‘Family spat’ probably led to Dalton monkey escape (1 comment)
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
- Smurfs spotted out and about on Dalton school’s sponsored stroll
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Shoplifter caught in Dalton with £500 admitted money laundering
- Legal error results in Dalton zoo chief facing wrong charges (1 comment)
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Dalton family’s distress after raiders stole ‘irreplaceable’ jewellery
- Tributes to 'witty and lovely' Dalton man who died a month after transplant (1 comment)
- Cumbria Police investigate burglary in Dalton
- Dalton schoolgirl suffers broken foot following collision with vehicle
- Dalton hotel set to reopen after gas canister explosion in kitchen (2 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Dalton zoo is handed series of new conditions after inspection