Last updated at 09:23, Wednesday, 03 June 2009
THE organisers of Dalton Carnival are making a plea for volunteers in the run-up to the annual event.
Dancing troupes, bands and trade stalls will line the town’s streets, with the main parade beginning at 1pm.
Carnival Queen Sophie Clark, 13, will lead the celebrations on June 13. She will be joined by her ladies-in-waiting Melaina White and Sophie Warwick, both 12.
Millie Cruse and Leah Sanderson, both seven, will take part in the carnival as princesses to the queen.
The carnival route starts from Tudor Square and then on to Market Street, Skelgate, Mount Pleasant, Myrtle Terrace on to Chapel Street and into Nelson Street and then back on to Market Street and on to Station Road, then on to Beckside Road and finish at Dalton United Football Club.
There will be limited disabled parking at Dalton United Football Club from 10am, which will be re-opened to move vehicles from 6pm to avoid disruption to the carnival.
Awho would like to volunteer their services for the day, can contact committee chair Allyson Woodend, on 07922 990595, or by coming along to a committee meeting, held every Thursday in the Wellington pub, Market Street, from 7pm.
Trade stands are also still available, to book yours, contact Neil McDougall on 07917 728431 or email email@example.com
First published at 09:16, Tuesday, 05 May 2009
Published by http://www.daltonlocal.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (17 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)
- South Cumbria primary school head’s homes plea rejected by planners
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
Evening Mail homepage
- Barrow death crash case delay ‘unacceptable’ says judge
- Dalton businessman tells Ulverston: "We'll have your supermarket if you don't want it." (14 comments)
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Dalton 10k results
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
- Tributes to talented Carlisle musician (2 comments)
- Scribble test 2
- Covers could help beat the big freeze (1 comment)
- Dalton Carnival
- Celtic kids hit with KO blow
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22