Published at 13:09, Monday, 20 February 2012
TWO people arrested following a Furness house fire were released without charge.
Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service was called to an address in Queen Street, Dalton, at 4.23pm on Friday in response to a report from one of the occupants that a fire had ignited in the living room.
Smoke was evident when firefighters arrived, but all occupants were safely escorted outside and the remnants of the fire were extinguished.
Neighbouring properties were unaffected.
As a result of initial enquiries by police and other emergency services, police announced on Saturday morning that a man and woman had been arrested.
Both were in custody in Barrow police station, but officers said on Saturday night that both had been released without charge.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton Leisure centre full steam ahead after grant for boilers
- Dalton man pleads not guilty to dangerous driving
- Dalton woman who has 30 identities slams NHS healthcare failings (9 comments)
- Cumbria music festival hailed by organisers as the biggest yet
- Closed Dalton fire station will be sold to highest bidder
- Barrow council bosses in Dalton pub car park showdown
- Dalton zoo owner denies allowing animals to escape
- Dalton great-gran praises heroes who saved her from blazing kitchen (3 comments)
- Dalton makes an impression on visiting Britain in Bloom judges
- Planners to decide on controversial Dalton car park (4 comments)
- Dalton zoo standing tall in Trip Advisor’s top 10 (3 comments)
- Forces fundraising fun in Dalton marks anniversary of war
- Dalton woman charged with intimidating a witness
- Cumbria GP stresses importance of efficiency (1 comment)
- Owner learns of Dalton cat's fate today (4 comments)
- Appeal for information after woman assaulted in Dalton
- Fresh date for inquest into death of Dalton zoo tiger attack victim
- Dalton woman charged with benefit fraud faces trial
- Dalton rape accused in court
- Dalton fire station closes for final time after 140 years of service (3 comments)
- Sound of science appeals to Dalton school’s budding engineers
- Dalton health campaigner to stage protest outside health watchdog HQ
- Thousands enjoy Dalton carnival
- Dalton football club appeals for help after £3,000 attack by vandals
- Red letter day as 40 years of Dalton school are marked
Evening Mail homepage
- Family history page (72 comments)
- Arson suspected after blaze hits businesses
- Dalton man in court on assault charge
- Dalton wrap up points at Irlam
- Excitement for Askam twins ahead of their first day at school on Walney
- Cold-callers using Dalton tree surgeon's name (1 comment)
- Search is on for tenants to run town’s biggest pub
- Dog control orders being flouted in kids’ play area
- Campaign steps up with poo patrols...
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33