Published at 13:09, Monday, 20 February 2012
TWO people arrested following a Furness house fire were released without charge.
Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service was called to an address in Queen Street, Dalton, at 4.23pm on Friday in response to a report from one of the occupants that a fire had ignited in the living room.
Smoke was evident when firefighters arrived, but all occupants were safely escorted outside and the remnants of the fire were extinguished.
Neighbouring properties were unaffected.
As a result of initial enquiries by police and other emergency services, police announced on Saturday morning that a man and woman had been arrested.
Both were in custody in Barrow police station, but officers said on Saturday night that both had been released without charge.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)
- South Cumbria primary school head’s homes plea rejected by planners