Published at 13:09, Monday, 20 February 2012
TWO people arrested following a Furness house fire were released without charge.
Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service was called to an address in Queen Street, Dalton, at 4.23pm on Friday in response to a report from one of the occupants that a fire had ignited in the living room.
Smoke was evident when firefighters arrived, but all occupants were safely escorted outside and the remnants of the fire were extinguished.
Neighbouring properties were unaffected.
As a result of initial enquiries by police and other emergency services, police announced on Saturday morning that a man and woman had been arrested.
Both were in custody in Barrow police station, but officers said on Saturday night that both had been released without charge.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
- Hundreds celebrate Dalton Christmas lights switch on
- Cold war nuclear crash may have caused Dalton man’s cancer (1 comment)
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- ‘Family spat’ probably led to Dalton monkey escape (1 comment)
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
Evening Mail homepage
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education