Murrayfield, here we come
Last updated at 14:51, Saturday, 04 February 2012
A RUGBY fan’s friends were battling it out for the chance to watch an RBS 6 Nations match live, writes EMMA PRESTON.
Ian Collins won an Evening Mail competition this week to bag two tickets to watch the Calcutta Cup clash between old rivals England and Scotland at Murrayfield this afternoon.
The win was the perfect birthday present for Ian, who turned 56 yesterday.
He and his drinking pals – all regulars at The Brown Cow, in Dalton – had always planned to make the trip to Edinburgh this weekend, but having tickets to see the match was the icing on the cake.
The keen England rugby union fan, of Goose Green, Dalton, said: “We go every couple of years – wherever England have an away match, we make a weekend of it.
“We usually go and see if we can get tickets when we’re there, and if we can’t, we just watch it in the pub.
“But luckily two of us will definitely have them this time.”
The only sticking point for Ian is choosing which lucky friend will get his extra ticket.
He said: “We’ll probably discuss it over a drink.
“It’ll be whoever shouts the loudest!”
First published at 10:37, Saturday, 04 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
- Hundreds celebrate Dalton Christmas lights switch on
- Cold war nuclear crash may have caused Dalton man’s cancer (1 comment)
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- ‘Family spat’ probably led to Dalton monkey escape (1 comment)
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
- Smurfs spotted out and about on Dalton school’s sponsored stroll
Evening Mail homepage
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education