Murrayfield, here we come
Last updated at 14:51, Saturday, 04 February 2012
A RUGBY fan’s friends were battling it out for the chance to watch an RBS 6 Nations match live, writes EMMA PRESTON.
Ian Collins won an Evening Mail competition this week to bag two tickets to watch the Calcutta Cup clash between old rivals England and Scotland at Murrayfield this afternoon.
The win was the perfect birthday present for Ian, who turned 56 yesterday.
He and his drinking pals – all regulars at The Brown Cow, in Dalton – had always planned to make the trip to Edinburgh this weekend, but having tickets to see the match was the icing on the cake.
The keen England rugby union fan, of Goose Green, Dalton, said: “We go every couple of years – wherever England have an away match, we make a weekend of it.
“We usually go and see if we can get tickets when we’re there, and if we can’t, we just watch it in the pub.
“But luckily two of us will definitely have them this time.”
The only sticking point for Ian is choosing which lucky friend will get his extra ticket.
He said: “We’ll probably discuss it over a drink.
“It’ll be whoever shouts the loudest!”
First published at 10:37, Saturday, 04 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Barrow council prosecutes in connection with zoo keeper death
- Business prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open (1 comment)
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22