Murrayfield, here we come
Last updated at 14:51, Saturday, 04 February 2012
A RUGBY fan’s friends were battling it out for the chance to watch an RBS 6 Nations match live, writes EMMA PRESTON.
Ian Collins won an Evening Mail competition this week to bag two tickets to watch the Calcutta Cup clash between old rivals England and Scotland at Murrayfield this afternoon.
The win was the perfect birthday present for Ian, who turned 56 yesterday.
He and his drinking pals – all regulars at The Brown Cow, in Dalton – had always planned to make the trip to Edinburgh this weekend, but having tickets to see the match was the icing on the cake.
The keen England rugby union fan, of Goose Green, Dalton, said: “We go every couple of years – wherever England have an away match, we make a weekend of it.
“We usually go and see if we can get tickets when we’re there, and if we can’t, we just watch it in the pub.
“But luckily two of us will definitely have them this time.”
The only sticking point for Ian is choosing which lucky friend will get his extra ticket.
He said: “We’ll probably discuss it over a drink.
“It’ll be whoever shouts the loudest!”
First published at 10:37, Saturday, 04 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (10 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
- Mums turn tide in fight to keep vital Dalton aquanatal sessions afloat
- Dalton beer festival promises to be an ale and hearty affair (1 comment)
- South Cumbria primary school head’s homes plea rejected by planners
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
Evening Mail homepage
Choosing a pre-school
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21