Murrayfield, here we come
Last updated at 14:51, Saturday, 04 February 2012
A RUGBY fan’s friends were battling it out for the chance to watch an RBS 6 Nations match live, writes EMMA PRESTON.
Ian Collins won an Evening Mail competition this week to bag two tickets to watch the Calcutta Cup clash between old rivals England and Scotland at Murrayfield this afternoon.
The win was the perfect birthday present for Ian, who turned 56 yesterday.
He and his drinking pals – all regulars at The Brown Cow, in Dalton – had always planned to make the trip to Edinburgh this weekend, but having tickets to see the match was the icing on the cake.
The keen England rugby union fan, of Goose Green, Dalton, said: “We go every couple of years – wherever England have an away match, we make a weekend of it.
“We usually go and see if we can get tickets when we’re there, and if we can’t, we just watch it in the pub.
“But luckily two of us will definitely have them this time.”
The only sticking point for Ian is choosing which lucky friend will get his extra ticket.
He said: “We’ll probably discuss it over a drink.
“It’ll be whoever shouts the loudest!”
First published at 10:37, Saturday, 04 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- ‘Family spat’ probably led to Dalton monkey escape (1 comment)
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
- Smurfs spotted out and about on Dalton school’s sponsored stroll
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Shoplifter caught in Dalton with £500 admitted money laundering
- Legal error results in Dalton zoo chief facing wrong charges (1 comment)
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Dalton family’s distress after raiders stole ‘irreplaceable’ jewellery
- Tributes to 'witty and lovely' Dalton man who died a month after transplant (1 comment)
- Cumbria Police investigate burglary in Dalton
- Dalton schoolgirl suffers broken foot following collision with vehicle
- Dalton hotel set to reopen after gas canister explosion in kitchen (2 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Dalton zoo is handed series of new conditions after inspection
- Council hits back in Dalton zoo tiger feeding row (45 comments)
- Dalton fire station sold to highest bidder for £130,000 (1 comment)
- Dalton Leisure centre full steam ahead after grant for boilers
- Dalton man pleads not guilty to dangerous driving
- Dalton woman who has 30 identities slams NHS healthcare failings (9 comments)
- Cumbria music festival hailed by organisers as the biggest yet
- Closed Dalton fire station will be sold to highest bidder
- Barrow council bosses in Dalton pub car park showdown
- Dalton zoo owner denies allowing animals to escape
- Dalton great-gran praises heroes who saved her from blazing kitchen (3 comments)