Murrayfield, here we come
Last updated at 14:51, Saturday, 04 February 2012
A RUGBY fan’s friends were battling it out for the chance to watch an RBS 6 Nations match live, writes EMMA PRESTON.
Ian Collins won an Evening Mail competition this week to bag two tickets to watch the Calcutta Cup clash between old rivals England and Scotland at Murrayfield this afternoon.
The win was the perfect birthday present for Ian, who turned 56 yesterday.
He and his drinking pals – all regulars at The Brown Cow, in Dalton – had always planned to make the trip to Edinburgh this weekend, but having tickets to see the match was the icing on the cake.
The keen England rugby union fan, of Goose Green, Dalton, said: “We go every couple of years – wherever England have an away match, we make a weekend of it.
“We usually go and see if we can get tickets when we’re there, and if we can’t, we just watch it in the pub.
“But luckily two of us will definitely have them this time.”
The only sticking point for Ian is choosing which lucky friend will get his extra ticket.
He said: “We’ll probably discuss it over a drink.
“It’ll be whoever shouts the loudest!”
First published at 10:37, Saturday, 04 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton Christmas lights switch on
- Hundreds of people turn out to see Dalton's light switch on (3 comments)
- Teaching unions have hit out at the quick inspections of 16 Cumbria schools
- Replacement for Stuart Hyde former Cumbria deputy chief constable announced
- Two teenagers in court in Barrow tomorrow facing Dalton football club burglary charge
- Campaigners flying flag near A590 roundabout Cumbria to save Dalton fire station
- Team of young Dalton recyclers keep school grounds spick and span
- Big Clean campaign picks up in Dalton
- Dalton amputee attacked by Barrow ex in ‘nasty’ attack - court hears
- Dalton woman arrested and bailed in investigation into alleged fail to stop incident
- Cumbria families speak of anguish over Philippines typhoon horror
- Dalton firefighters’ ‘grave’ concerns over proposal to close station (2 comments)
- Dalton mayor's appeal to shed light on men who gave their lives (1 comment)
- Funds for children’s Christmas party taken in Dalton soccer club raid
- Dalton zoo’s latest big cat attraction is spot on
- Cumbria zoo free to visitors
- Thieves target Cumbria football club
- Fire boss grilled over future of Dalton fire station
- Machinery stolen from Dalton business
- Double celebration as Dalton playgroup undergoes revamp
- Dalton Woman is fined £300 after lying to police
- Former Dalton police station building sold off
- Prize giving results from Dowdales School in Dalton
- Dalton zoo keeper takes on challenge of a lifetime to help penguin plight (3 comments)
- Third Dalton nursing home resident joins the Queen’s 100 club
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Family Notices
- Competition rules
- Advertise with us
- Reader Travel
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- Dalton Christmas tree festival
- Boy found hanged was 'failed by agencies' - report (1 comment)
- Youths smash house window
- Furness end season with Fylde defeat
- Lakes MP calls for free education for all (1 comment)
- It’s not acceptable to use racist terms
- Higson Cup semi-final places at stake
- Millom boss hoping for more Pattinson joy