Names found for the classmates of 1952
Last updated at 11:56, Friday, 06 January 2012
WE had a few calls about the pictures of form 2A from Dowdales School Dalton which appeared on December 8.
It has given us the opportunity to name almost all of them.
On the back row, from left, is Wilfred Devereaux, Harold, Whatley, Dennis Burns, George Hendley and Leslie Brown.
The next to back row, from left, is George Drake, Dorothy Burns, Rosemary Riley, Marion Gruecock, Margaret Robinson, Anne Throughton, Hilda Riddell, Dorothy Dixon and David Wearing.
The next to front row, from left, is Louis Clarkson, Michael Postlethwaite, John Creary, Jeff Cornthwaite, Frank Corbett, Harold Barker, Brian Kenley, Douglas Halpin, Dereck Stannay and Brian Marr.
On the front row, from left, is Gwendoline Jones, Valerie Williams, Barbara McBride, Brenda Postlethwaite, Roy Anderson, unknown, Ella Banzie, June Shipley, Alma Birkby and June Harvey.
First published at 11:12, Friday, 06 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Barrow council prosecutes in connection with zoo keeper death
- Business prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open (1 comment)
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- Opening date for first phase of Carlisle Airport redevelopment
- Obituary - Max De Redder, of Gilcrux
- Should the court system be bypassed for some offences?
- Testing smells at West Cumbria factory (4 comments)
- Lack of funding puts cable car scheme on hold
- Maryport music festival raised £1,500
- No title
- Dalton businessman tells Ulverston: "We'll have your supermarket if you don't want it." (14 comments)
- Fun for all on bank holiday Monday
- Church to host car boot sale
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22