Pub to enter a new stage as Platform
Last updated at 16:14, Friday, 30 November 2012
A COUNTRY restaurant and bar is to be re-opened by a young entrepreneur making his first venture into the industry.
The Copper Dog in Leece has been closed for some time, but will re-open its doors to the public in mid-December, under the new name Platform.
Boss James Lancaster will run the freehold premises with the main emphasis on the restaurant.
The 22-year-old said the venture was an idea that has been in the pipeline for a number of months.
He said: “It seemed an interesting thing to get involved with.
“It’s been a popular place in the past.
“It has a nice dining area, nice potential inside and nice potential for the garden.
“So it seemed like a good opportunity.”
Mr Lancaster, who is recruiting staff, graduated from Durham University this year with a degree in politics.
Though new to the industry, he is confident the former Copper Dog, known for generations as the Queens but renamed in the 1990s, can once again be a success.
Mr Lancaster, of Niger Street, Walney, said: “I’m hoping to give it a bit of a modern twist, but nothing too outlandish.
“In the last few years two people have had it and it’s failed twice, so you need to try something different. We’re redecorating it everywhere.
“We’re going to improve the outside of the building as well, but it will be a rolling thing. We’ll move onto that next year.”
First published at 16:12, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)