Pub to enter a new stage as Platform
Last updated at 16:14, Friday, 30 November 2012
A COUNTRY restaurant and bar is to be re-opened by a young entrepreneur making his first venture into the industry.
The Copper Dog in Leece has been closed for some time, but will re-open its doors to the public in mid-December, under the new name Platform.
Boss James Lancaster will run the freehold premises with the main emphasis on the restaurant.
The 22-year-old said the venture was an idea that has been in the pipeline for a number of months.
He said: “It seemed an interesting thing to get involved with.
“It’s been a popular place in the past.
“It has a nice dining area, nice potential inside and nice potential for the garden.
“So it seemed like a good opportunity.”
Mr Lancaster, who is recruiting staff, graduated from Durham University this year with a degree in politics.
Though new to the industry, he is confident the former Copper Dog, known for generations as the Queens but renamed in the 1990s, can once again be a success.
Mr Lancaster, of Niger Street, Walney, said: “I’m hoping to give it a bit of a modern twist, but nothing too outlandish.
“In the last few years two people have had it and it’s failed twice, so you need to try something different. We’re redecorating it everywhere.
“We’re going to improve the outside of the building as well, but it will be a rolling thing. We’ll move onto that next year.”
First published at 16:12, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (10 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- Hundreds celebrate Dalton Christmas lights switch on
- Cold war nuclear crash may have caused Dalton man’s cancer (1 comment)
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- ‘Family spat’ probably led to Dalton monkey escape (1 comment)
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
- Smurfs spotted out and about on Dalton school’s sponsored stroll
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Shoplifter caught in Dalton with £500 admitted money laundering
- Legal error results in Dalton zoo chief facing wrong charges (1 comment)
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Dalton family’s distress after raiders stole ‘irreplaceable’ jewellery
- Tributes to 'witty and lovely' Dalton man who died a month after transplant (1 comment)
- Cumbria Police investigate burglary in Dalton
- Dalton schoolgirl suffers broken foot following collision with vehicle
- Dalton hotel set to reopen after gas canister explosion in kitchen (2 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Dalton zoo is handed series of new conditions after inspection
- Council hits back in Dalton zoo tiger feeding row (45 comments)
- Dalton fire station sold to highest bidder for £130,000 (1 comment)
- Dalton Leisure centre full steam ahead after grant for boilers
- Dalton man pleads not guilty to dangerous driving
Evening Mail homepage
Light up a life
Go green 36
Post 16 education
Go green 36