Ramirez tops bill at charity night
Published at 13:10, Thursday, 05 November 2009
RAMIREZ are headlining the bill at the Kill One on Duke Street, Barrow, on Saturday night.
The charity concert is being held to raise funds for St Mary’s Hospice, with all proceeds going to this very worthwhile cause.
Other acts appearing include David Duffin & the Devotion, acoustic performer Terry Wilson and popular local singer, Becki.
Doors open at 7.30pm, and admission is only £2.
Ramirez have been making something of a name for themselves recently with their hard-edged, punchy blues and rock originals. Songs such as The Non-Conformist and Wake Up have already become firm live favourites, despite the band having only played a handful of local shows. Their attention has recently been focused on the recording of an 11-track CD, which is now available from memorabilia shop Pepperland Collect in Barrow’s Scott Street. The band’s raw and powerful sound is provided by Paul Byrne (vocals), Lee Rooney (guitar), Ross Skyrme (bass) and Wilf Pearson (drums).
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Parents launch campaign after Dalton aquanatal class funding is cut
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)