Sainsbury’s to reveal Carlisle store opening date
Last updated at 14:44, Friday, 21 September 2012
The opening date for the new Sainsbury’s store in Carlisle will be announced tomorrow.
The supermarket giant will hold an event for the public in the Crown and Mitre Hotel between 10am and 4pm.
A spokesman for Sainsbury’s said: “At this event, we'll display some of the food and clothes available in store, and announce the store's opening date.”
Visible progress is being made on the development, which has changed the face of Caldewgate.
Traffic lights around the new store are now in operation.
The new supermarket will create 350 jobs and is due to open next month.
The 60,000 sq ft store will have parking for 446 cars and a petrol station.
In July, nearly 4,000 people attended a jobs fair in the city to recruit staff for the store.
The company already has a smaller branch in Scotland Road, Stanwix, which opened two years ago.
First published at 13:49, Friday, 21 September 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Barrow council prosecutes in connection with zoo keeper death
- Business prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open (1 comment)
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Deserving families enjoy Dreamnight adventure at South Lakes Safari Zoo (1 comment)
- Dalton girl is wheelie pleased after company buys her adapted trike
- Police investigate two Dalton burglaries - including car abandoned in Barrow (8 comments)
- Sterling effort to make Dalton artist face of £20 note (2 comments)
- Proud Dalton mum to help daughter get on her bike
- Dalton residents to share their vision for town’s future (1 comment)
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success (2 comments)
- Former marine's Dalton gym plan approved
- Chance to talk to the animals at Dalton zoo
- Pub near Dalton resurrects popular ale festival
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Police hunt Dalton vandal who vomited on car
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Girls put best foot forward in Dalton for cancer cause
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (18 comments)
- ‘No guarantee of extra funds whoever wins’ - Dalton doctor
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Dalton school wins prize for mastering art of teaching religion
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- Police seek witnesses in hit-and-run investigation (1 comment)
- Jassy’s a hit on the festival scene
- Dalton man's joy at dog ice rescue (1 comment)
- Super night ahead for Walney Terriers (3 comments)
- Tommy Tynan: Passing mourned by community (1 comment)
- Dalton Christmas tree festival
- Children in Need fund-raisers spotted in West Cumbria
- News round-up
- Charlotte is promoted
- Carlisle City Council prepared to pay £104,000 salary to new leader (9 comments)
- Speed campaigners gain support from Lakes MP (6 comments)
- Family’s tribute to man who died after being hurt in Cumbrian pub
- Dalton police
- Ripper’s Arnside trip might not be his last
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22