Sainsbury’s to reveal Carlisle store opening date
Last updated at 14:44, Friday, 21 September 2012
The opening date for the new Sainsbury’s store in Carlisle will be announced tomorrow.
The supermarket giant will hold an event for the public in the Crown and Mitre Hotel between 10am and 4pm.
A spokesman for Sainsbury’s said: “At this event, we'll display some of the food and clothes available in store, and announce the store's opening date.”
Visible progress is being made on the development, which has changed the face of Caldewgate.
Traffic lights around the new store are now in operation.
The new supermarket will create 350 jobs and is due to open next month.
The 60,000 sq ft store will have parking for 446 cars and a petrol station.
In July, nearly 4,000 people attended a jobs fair in the city to recruit staff for the store.
The company already has a smaller branch in Scotland Road, Stanwix, which opened two years ago.
First published at 13:49, Friday, 21 September 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- ‘Family spat’ probably led to Dalton monkey escape (1 comment)
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
- Smurfs spotted out and about on Dalton school’s sponsored stroll
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Shoplifter caught in Dalton with £500 admitted money laundering
- Legal error results in Dalton zoo chief facing wrong charges (1 comment)
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Dalton family’s distress after raiders stole ‘irreplaceable’ jewellery
- Tributes to 'witty and lovely' Dalton man who died a month after transplant (1 comment)
- Cumbria Police investigate burglary in Dalton
- Dalton schoolgirl suffers broken foot following collision with vehicle
- Dalton hotel set to reopen after gas canister explosion in kitchen (2 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Dalton zoo is handed series of new conditions after inspection
- Council hits back in Dalton zoo tiger feeding row (45 comments)
- Dalton fire station sold to highest bidder for £130,000 (1 comment)
- Dalton Leisure centre full steam ahead after grant for boilers
- Dalton man pleads not guilty to dangerous driving
- Dalton woman who has 30 identities slams NHS healthcare failings (9 comments)
- Cumbria music festival hailed by organisers as the biggest yet
- Closed Dalton fire station will be sold to highest bidder
- Barrow council bosses in Dalton pub car park showdown
- Dalton zoo owner denies allowing animals to escape
- Dalton great-gran praises heroes who saved her from blazing kitchen (3 comments)