Sainsbury’s to reveal Carlisle store opening date
Last updated at 14:44, Friday, 21 September 2012
The opening date for the new Sainsbury’s store in Carlisle will be announced tomorrow.
The supermarket giant will hold an event for the public in the Crown and Mitre Hotel between 10am and 4pm.
A spokesman for Sainsbury’s said: “At this event, we'll display some of the food and clothes available in store, and announce the store's opening date.”
Visible progress is being made on the development, which has changed the face of Caldewgate.
Traffic lights around the new store are now in operation.
The new supermarket will create 350 jobs and is due to open next month.
The 60,000 sq ft store will have parking for 446 cars and a petrol station.
In July, nearly 4,000 people attended a jobs fair in the city to recruit staff for the store.
The company already has a smaller branch in Scotland Road, Stanwix, which opened two years ago.
First published at 13:49, Friday, 21 September 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
More Dalton news
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Dalton pupils take part in Welly Walking Day
- Dalton school's sell-out production concludes tonight
- Double Michelin-starred chef to make chocolates for Dalton diners
- Masterclass from top chefs in Dalton for young chefs
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Cumbria celebrity chef event ends with spectacular finale
- Police appeal after serious sexual offence in Dalton
- Dalton charity chef event aims to raise £100k
- Chefs ensure Dalton fundraising event will be done in best possible taste
- Kind £1,000 donation will help Dalton girl to watch the world go by
- Latest charity donation will benefit 1,000 people
- Dalton chefs event set to serve up charity aid
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Disposing of your Christmas tree in south Cumbria
- Dalton Christmas Eve fireworks night pulls another cracker
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Dalton St Mary’s Christingle (1 comment)
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
- Hundreds celebrate Dalton Christmas lights switch on
- Cold war nuclear crash may have caused Dalton man’s cancer (1 comment)
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- ‘Family spat’ probably led to Dalton monkey escape (1 comment)
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families