THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
- ’It’s like living with a death sentence’
- Dalton community centre more accessible after revamp
- Jacqui Smith out but did husband see?
- Dalton zoo owner denies allowing animals to escape
- Coins point to Roman influence in Furness
- Dowdales School prom
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)
- Dalton Carnival
- Shoplifter caught in Dalton with £500 admitted money laundering
- Reducing your energy
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5