THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
- Look past the pies
- New faces help North Lancs reach last four
- Jack’s the lad to do it
- Why Gen II's apprentices are bucking national trend
- Cumbria Barrow committee opposes Centrica biomass plant (64 comments)
- Excitement for Askam twins ahead of their first day at school on Walney
- Building collapse shuts Cumbrian road (13 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Council hits back in Dalton zoo tiger feeding row (45 comments)
- 25 take part in memorial event at Whins Pond
- Teaching unions have hit out at the quick inspections of 16 Cumbria schools
- Assault in Walney pub - police seek witnesses
- Girl attacked at zoo
- Cumbria families speak of anguish over Philippines typhoon horror
- Notice Board
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
- Dalton Christmas tree festival
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33