THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Family Notices
- Competition rules
- Advertise with us
- Reader Travel
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- Dalton Christmas tree festival
- Dowdales School prom
- Boy found hanged was 'failed by agencies' - report (1 comment)
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Chris aims to bring cool city-style bar to Furness (6 comments)
- Hundreds of people turn out to see Dalton's light switch on (3 comments)
- Historic Dalton bell tradition under threat (46 comments)
- No title
- Child knocked over in road accident