THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
- GCSE passes
- Penrith builder in pub attack escapes jail
- ‘It was worth going to jail for’
- Celtic spring surprise win
- Businessman buys back the fish factory he started 25 years ago
- Fine partnership of 50, Jim and Vera!
- SACKED CFM DJs JOIN NEW CITY STATION
- Haven up their profile
- Selm cyclists meet the new mayor
- Margaret Sewell School class of 46 catch up
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22