THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Manchester United hero enjoys Dalton hotel stay (14 comments)
- Is this little tortoise sick? No madam, it's ceramic
- Boarding kennels given green light (1 comment)
- Assange, Wikileaks, Students, Cuts, Economy - AGGGHHH! (12 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- MEDALLION MAN
- Dalton site suggested for Sainsbury’s store (11 comments)
- Nine in court after Cumbria police drug probes
- Dalton Carnival 2012
- Call for £500 fine for leaving muck (6 comments)
- Dalton zoo granted planning permission for expansion (44 comments)
- Plea to stop using lanterns on Walney (4 comments)
- Dalton businessman tells Ulverston: "We'll have your supermarket if you don't want it." (14 comments)
- Dalton Medieval Fair 2008