THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
- LITTLE LISA’S BIG CHANCE
- Carlisle man jailed for pestering probation office worker
- Ann cruises off to new life after 20 years at the helm
- MP stands by his BAE Systems Barrow ‘Bahamas’ jibe (38 comments)
- Co-op’s shoppers sharing £124,000 Christmas bonus
- Handy contacts in the travel industry
- Drivers walk for heroes
- LAP-DANCING AT TOWN NIGHTCLUB
- CID boss had spell in Northern Ireland
- Four months for Barrow 999 phone pest
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22