THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
- WOOD SCULPTOR MAKES HIS MARK
- Dowdales RL kids’ dream Wembley date (3 comments)
- Police probe Dalton zoo owner’s gay marriage comments (132 comments)
- Cumbria rally ace Wilson targets Spain after Wales success
- Rock trio’s spring date
- Sprinting Santas deliver a cash boost for hospice
- Names for cinema crew
- Cumbrian headteacher digs deep to help pupils get to lessons
- They’re milking it!
- Duddon in the running for promotion
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22