THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Dalton man's appeal against conviction for driving offence is abandoned
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
- Chris aims to bring cool city-style bar to Furness (6 comments)
- Cumbria man is jailed for sex offence with child
- Ulverston meat carcass disruption as lorry overturns
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Hundreds celebrate Dalton Christmas lights switch on
- Legal error results in Dalton zoo chief facing wrong charges (1 comment)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school