THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
- Dalton Christmas lights switch-on
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Dalton Christmas tree festival
- Dream debut for Barrow boxer Liam Conroy (1 comment)
- Medics treat man for shock after Dalton house fire
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- South Lakes MP calls on government to reinstate flood defence money (1 comment)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school