THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
- Lone stork in Cumbria (5 comments)
- Derby draw for Vickerstown and Crooklands
- Day to be truly proud of Barrow
- Cleator CC celebrate village cup success
- Furness Premier League kicks into action
- Caldbeck and Kirkby Stephen to contest Senior Cup final
- Inspectors praised running of Dalton zoo days before tiger mauling
- Zoo boss hits out at council decision (50 comments)
- Dalton rape accused in court
- Dalton fire station closes for final time after 140 years of service (3 comments)
- Jack’s the lad to do it
- Fury over Barrow bus pass cuts (39 comments)
- Appeal for information after woman assaulted in Dalton
- Carlisle Utd come out on top after manic six final minutes against Portsmouth
- Obituary - former Allerdale councillor Eric Wright Kay
- Ancient capital’s changing face
- Furness face frantic finale