THE discovery of Roman coins in Furness by metal detector enthusiasts adds further to the long-running debate about how big an influence the Italian invaders had on this area and whether they had any permanent settlements.
PLAYFUL primates are recycling a Christmas tree in a novel way.
THE capital of Furness could have been mistaken for ancient Israel last night as three wise men rode camels behind a donkey carrying the Virgin Mary.
DALTON’S renowned Christmas tree festival has kicked off the town’s festive celebrations.
Evening Mail homepage
- Family history page (72 comments)
- Arson suspected after blaze hits businesses
- Dalton man in court on assault charge
- Dalton wrap up points at Irlam
- Excitement for Askam twins ahead of their first day at school on Walney
- Cold-callers using Dalton tree surgeon's name (1 comment)
- Search is on for tenants to run town’s biggest pub
- Dog control orders being flouted in kids’ play area
- Campaign steps up with poo patrols...
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33